IT Functional SAP BW/BI - SAC Consultant

About the role

Location: Belgium - Mechelen, Austria - Linz, Austria - Vienna, Finland - Porvoo, Sweden - Stenungsund

Hours: Full-Time

Type of Contract: Permanent


We provide solutions for a better tomorrow.


Your role will focus on being a trusted advisor for our different business units within Borealis. You will act as an internal IT functional SAP Business Warehouse/Business Intelligence (SAP BW/BI) consultant and will play the vital link between business and technical specialists, focussing on business needs and applying best practices. We offer you an exciting and challenging job and a great portfolio of responsibilities in an ambitious and dynamic team in an innovative and growing company. 


In our challenge to push things forward and keep improving our processes and Business reporting, these will be your responsibilities:

•    You analyse the business needs while acting as a business partner. You work closely together with the business, giving recommendations and challenging the existing processes and reports. 
•    You develop a good understanding of the possibilities of the business processes and reports. 
•    You bring in new ideas and concepts, which create business value. 
•    You translate the business needs to the technical specialists, design new concepts and steer the implementations. 
•    You are part of agile projects, delivering solutions in iterations in close cooperation with the business.

About you


Are you enthusiastic about business processes, data analytics and reporting? Do you have a passion for digitalisation and the new concepts of Business Self-Service? 

Then we might have a match. To start your journey within Borealis, you need at least 5 years of experience as an IT functional SAP consultant . A profound functional understanding of the following will help you succeed in the role: SAP BW/BI, SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC), SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) and Analysis for Office (AfO)?

We expect you to have a first experience in SAP S/4 to support our SAP roadmap. Experience with business processes (i.e. Sales and Distribution, Logistics, Material Management) and Self-Service concepts and tools (e.g. PowerBI) is of added value. 

As we want to continuously improve and push things forward in a fast moving environment, we expect you to have an agile mind-set and self-driven attitude. As you will have many contacts with different stakeholders, you demonstrate excellent communication and influencing skills, while executing actively business relationship management. You should be fluent in both written and spoken English.

About Borealis and our offer


We are here for you! If you have any questions, please contact Maïté Rosez, Please note that applications via e-mail will not be accepted since we are serious about protection of your personal data, so thank you for applying online.


We offer a role specific compensation and a competitive salary and fringe benefit package reflecting your profile, experience and the specifics of the country/location you apply for.


We reserve the right to close this vacancy for further applications when we have received sufficient applications that meet the advertised requirements and will contact you as soon as screening is closed.


With head offices in Vienna, Austria, Borealis employs approximately 6,900 employees and operates in over 120 countries. OMV, the Austria-based international oil and gas company, owns 75% of Borealis, while the remaining 25% is owned by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company, or ADNOC, based in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Borealis supplies services and products around the globe through Borealis and two important joint ventures: Borouge (with ADNOC, headquartered in the UAE); and Baystar™ (with TotalEnergies, based in the United States).


We go beyond boundaries. Together.




Borealis only accepts candidate resumes from recruiters or recruiting agencies if they have been explicitly commissioned by Borealis for a specific recruitment and if the data is provided to us in line with the General Data Protection Regulation. Borealis will not accept or pay fees for candidate resumes of any form or kind that were sent unsolicited to either HR or directly to our hiring managers.

Curious about other opportunities?

Our global Talent Acquisition Team

Curious about the different steps to become our colleague?